WELCOME BACK CHOSEN SISTERS! Thank you so much for following this journey to living CHOSEN in Him with us!
Last week we set the foundation of love by learning a little bit about what it means to love yourself in the healthy lens of Christ. This week we are spreading that love to OTHERS and chatting about what it truly means to love like JESUS!
To know how Jesus loved...we must know about Jesus!
Start your Bible reading journey or continued study with us in the GOSPELS: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John! Its all about JESUS and His life!
So, this week we are chatting about:
1. What does loving like Jesus look like?
2. What does that NOT look like?
3. Where does our opinion have a place?
How we handle the answers to these questions determines our effectiveness for the Kingdom of God! Don't let this condemn you...let this MOTIVATE YOU to fulfill the commandment of loving others!
What does loving like Jesus look like?
First we must ask, what is your standard of morals or love?
Are you abiding by culture, family tradition, or what the Word says?
**Warning: never have low moral standards of love for ourselves but high standards for everyone around us.
COMMANDS ON LOVE FROM JESUS:
- Matthew 5:44 Love and pray for your enemies
- Matthew 5:38-42 Go the extra mile
- Matthew 7:7-8 Stop judging
- Matthew 7:12 Do unto others
- Matthew 11:28 Take HIS yoke and learn from Him
- Matthew 18:21 FORGIVE
- Matthew 22:39-40 Love your neighbor!
**Disclaimer! Love doesn't mean agreeing! ALSO Loving others does not require you to stay in a toxic relationship or environment.
"Every action you take is a vote for the type of person you wish to become."
- Our ACTIONS either cast a vote that ultimately expresses either our own feelings or for the love of Jesus. You cant serve both God and yourself!
- "They will know you are Christians by your love" John 13:35
- 1 Corinthians 13- Study what love is!
- God's love for us must be our motivation for us loving like Him!
- Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
- Remember, Jesus died for them, too!
Who do your actions point to?
Are your actions and words helping or hurting how you represent your faith?
What difference do your own words make?
Whats our priority? Making ourselves known or making HIM known?
So...what do we do now?
We want to leave you with 3 words of focus to apply with our love journey.
GRACE UPON GRACE. Give it to yourself. Give it to others.
Proverbs of focus for this week:
Friends, lets go out, and like our example, make sure those who leave us are better than when they came!