Forgiveness Defined: Stop feeling angry or resentful toward (someone) for an offense, flaw, or mistake.
What is the purpose of forgiveness? To move past something that has hurt us.
- Lack of forgiveness is like a bad apple in your soul: it affects EVERYTHING.
- Lack of forgiveness is like a splinter that isn't dealt with. It's infected, annoying, and festering.
- We forgive for US to be free, not others.
- We are representatives of CHRIST and He set the HIGHEST example of forgiveness! He freely gives it, so should we.
- Forgiveness is a part of our KINGDOM identity! WHO do you want to be?
Luke 17:4 - Even if they sin against you seven times in a day, and seven times come back to you saying ‘I repent’, you must forgive them.”
Forgiving someone can be so difficult. When you find you are having a hard time forgiving someone, take a moment and reflect on why you feel like you are right in withholding forgiveness. Sometimes you may find that it is because you think they deserve a different consequence. In that moment, remember we serve a just God and He is the ultimate Judge. Regardless of what you think anyone deserves, our response of forgiveness should be the same EVERY TIME.
How has witholding forgiveness impacted your relationship with the person that hurt you? How has it impacted your walk with Christ?
What is holding you back from offering forgiveness?