Welcome to Episode SIX on ITS OK TO NOT BE OK! Can you believe that Chosen Girl has been launched for a WHOLE month?!
This week's topic is so near and dear to our hearts that we are dividing it into TWO parts! (didn't mean for that to rhyme, but we will roll with it LOL).
Remember that each Tuesday we will launch a video blog, podcast, study notes, and more on a topic either voted on by YOU (check us out @chosengirlmovement) or something we feel God has placed on our hearts!
We are here to find biblical insight from God's Word on everyday struggles and concerns, then dive in and spread the insight to YOU!
For Episode 6, we are diving into some SERIOUS real talk about the reality of being "not okay" and how we handle that as Christians.
Show notes, scripture references, and journaling questions below!
- Its ok to not be okay, but GOD doesn't want you to STAY not okay! He has MORE for you!
- Satan knows how to get to you! He knows how to push your buttons. Know that if he is pushing your buttons then you are on his opposing side! You are moving in the right direction!
- Remember that we are ALL human. Don't compare your darkest times to someone's "highlight reel" on Instagram. Also remember that you never know what someone is going through on the INSIDE even though they are just showing their "highlight reel."
- There's a huge difference in "fake it till you make it" and being hypocritical. Faking it till you making is knowing what you need to do and trying your best to do it. Hypocrisy is knowing what you need to do and outright NOT doing it, but expecting everyone else to do it!
- Faking it till you make it is about being sure of God before being sure of yourself. Hypocrisy is being sure of yourself above all else.
- Its not always easy...it takes EFFORT!
- You are not alone in your feelings! We all feel the pressure...the difference is all in our reaction!
- In the waiting...God can be found in the middle! He is always with you!
How do we handle being "not ok?" What do we do in the "in between?"
- Remind yourself that in YOUR weakness that GOD can be the strength FOR you!
- Remember that God wants to help! THATS WHAT GOD IS FOR! He wants to make you ok!
- In the storm, remember that it is not your whole life. It is just a season!
- If you rely on your own strength, you will not be okay. Rely on God!
- WORSHIP! Come to God with a heart of gratitude.
- The load is not your's to carry! Let God carry your load! Stop picking it back up!
- Surround yourself with people who love God!
- Are you seeking the counsel of friends more than God? Are you talking about your circumstances more than you're paying about them?
- TRUST that God is working all things for your good!
- God is the same in the mountain as He is in the valley!
The Story of Job (in the book of JOB):
- Job had EVERYTHING: the family, the friends, the possessions.
- Satan tried to test Job to see if he would still worship God despite of his possessions.
- Job looses everything. EVERYTHING. But He still worships God. He never curses God despite of what his friends, and even his own wife, urge him to do. He refused to blame God for his circumstances.
- God ends up blessing Job twice as much as before!
- When is a time that you were not "ok?"
- What can you do to prepare your heart for a next "not ok" season?
- What can you do to help and encourage someone else who is "not ok?"