Welcome to Episode 2!
Each Tuesday we will launch a video blog, podcast, study notes, and more on a topic either voted on by YOU (check us out @chosengirlmovement) or something we feel God has placed on our hearts!
We are here to find biblical insight from God's Word on everyday struggles and concerns, then dive in and spread the insight to YOU!
For Episode 2, we wanted to talk about an ever so vital part of living a chosen life...IDENTITY in CHRIST!
Show notes, scripture references, and journaling questions below!
Identity is such a crucial part of our walk with Christ!
- Remember to DIP
- Daily pursuit of Christ
- Identity in Christ
- Purpose in HIM
With Identity, we wear SO many labels: daughter, wife, professional, singer, etc. and then there’s “Christian.” It's almost like a name tag we pick up depending on our activity or who we are with.
BUT Christianity isn't just another title...it's a lifestyle that changes EVERY other title in our life.
"a pile of chocolate chips isn't a cookie!"
It's not until your walk becomes MORE than a title that Christianity truly changes your life.
God can’t bless what isn't his. Have you given him your other “name tags?”
The big question: Who am I?
- We are all looking for an answer to fill the void.
- Until we find our FULL identity in Him that the other titles start to make sense. If the first thing you have found is Jesus then the search is over.
- We will always be thirsty unless we nourish with LIVING water... CHRIST!
- The world says one thing about us...but the WORD says another!
- Ephesians 6:14-18: Armor of God
- We are warriors! It's who we are!
- We have been given what we need to be protected and to carry out the mission that God has for us!
- ARMOR UP DAILY or you will be exposed to the enemy’s attacks
- Its all about daily pursuit!
- Belt of TRUTH: His word is TRUTH! Turn to God’s word to know who you are.
- Breastplate of Righteousness: Satan will try to slander our hearts with sin and shame. God has made us RIGHTEOUS through HIM! A breastplate protects the heart...make sure to guard your heart with that!
- Don't discount the price God paid for your sin by bringing back old sin and guilt into your life!
- Shoes of Peace and Readiness of the Gospel: When you walk with God, you can walk in peace! There is nothing worse than having your peace stripped from you. God is simply saying to put on HIS armor and walk in PEACE.
- Helmet of Salvation: you have to protect your mind because the Enemy will attack with thoughts of doubt and second-guessing our faith!
- Sword of the Spirit: the word of GOD! What are you a professional in? What do you know and put into practice? We need to become a professional in the Word every day!
- Shield of Faith: knowing what you stand for and letting that be your shield. Our faith is what will guard us from Satan’s darts! Its the first thing the darts will hit...try to get past my faith!
- Are you playing defense AND offense with your faith?!? We are in a spiritual battle! Its a fight for our identity. ARMOR UP!
- An armor is on ALL SIDES! God’s got your back!
- GET. YOKED. UP. When yoked with Christ, you will never be alone. You will grow. You have identity. You will walk in purpose!
- We put faith in everything else...why don't we just go ahead and put faith in God?
- A rose called garbage is still a rose.
- You are a Warrior! Live like it!
- In what ways is your Faith just another "title" you wear? Reflect for a few moments about how God being more than that in your life could change you.
- What are some things you believe about your own identity? What does the Bible say about these things?
- Challenge: If your answer in #2 contained a HUGE difference between who YOU say you are and who GOD says you are, put reminders on your phone, taped to your fridge or mirror, and surround yourself with the things God says you are. We are transformed by the renewing of our minds!
- How can you armor up everyday? Think about this...no cheesy Sunday school answers like "pray" or "read your Bible." Both of those are GREAT and oh so true answers, but get into a daily routine with prayer and the Word that truly works for you one step at a time to ARMOR UP! Try that routine for 21 days and you've got a habit. Remember that it takes 3 weeks to create a habit, but only 3 days to break one.