WASSUP CHOSEN FAM!
This week we are getting REAL with how Christians fit into today's culture. How come we are typically listed as public enemy #1? (aka: judgmental, hypocritical, closed-minded, "religious," etc.) The loud minority of Christians operating in hate is exactly what Satan loves. Our Word says "they will know we are Christians by our love," but so often, disagreement is mistaken for hate, and loving others is looked at as being a "soft Christian."
So where's a happy medium? What is our job here as a Christ ambassador? Where do we fit into today's culture?
The fact is, we DON'T fit in, however, for too long, we haven't been "fitting in" for the wrong reasons. We are supposed to be CRAZY, not fitting into our culture, because of our CRAZY kind of love, faith, and radical servanthood and heart for others we have. NOT for judgement and hate. Its time to rise up and represent our loving Savior!
This brings us to our topic of convo: HONOR! We are commanded to honor, love, and bless. This directly points to our great God, and the Holy Spirit will do the rest.
DISCLAIMER HERE: We aren't hating on the church here. We LOVE our body of Christ. We hate what Satan has done with the reputation of Church as a whole. ALSO, don't mistake LOVE for excuse and acceptance of sin. We have ALL sinned and fallen short. Love doesn't mean agreeing. You can totally love and disagree. Jesus didn't call us to judge sin. He called us to LOVE others.
Why should we honor others?
- Its a command! Jesus tells us to honor our Mother, Father, and leaders.
- YOU WILL BE BLESSED when you honor others. 1 Peter 3: 8 MSG Summing up: Be agreeable, be sympathetic, be loving, be compassionate, be humble. That goes for all of you, no exceptions. No retaliation. No sharp-tongued sarcasm. Instead, bless—that’s your job, to bless. You’ll be a blessing and also get a blessing.
Here's some high points you DON'T want to miss or forget:
- They will know we are Christians by our LOVE.
- There's a HUGE difference between being agreeable and agreeing with someone! You do NOT have to agree with someone to honor them.
- OUR ONLY JOB IS TO LOVE AND BLESS!
- No matter how we feel, we are called to honor.
- Honoring goes against EVERYTHING our flesh wants to do. Thats why we need to feed our spirit.
- There's a huge difference in being condemning and holding a friend in faith accountable with love and the Word.
- Just because grace abounds, does that mean sin should abound as well? NO, of course not! Thats taking advantage of God's grace! But its NOT our job to fix someone's sin. That's GOD's job. Its OUR job to love and point to God.
- 1 Peter 4:8 Most of all, love each other as if your life depended on it. Love makes up for practically anything.