Sisters we are BACK! Thank you for bearing with us during our break last week as we here in Middle TN dealt with major flooding and cleanup in our area. If you think about it, send up a prayer for our neighbors and friends who are still in recovery!
God is good and He made His people to be resilient! We are back with a 2 part series called truth>toxicity! We are here to shed light on many toxic mindsets, relationships, and cultural norms that could be toxic to our spirit. We are NOT here to give glory to toxic nature, rather, overcome it with the TRUTH of God's word!
On today's episode, we explore toxicity with ourselves and with our relationships in our lives.
Here are some sure-fire signs of toxicity in your life (these and so many more):
Signs you may have a toxic relationship with yourself:
- You don’t show yourself grace
- You self-medicate or self soothe
- When the truth of God is for everyone but you
- You serve/give to others to the point of burnout (saying yes too much)
- You ignore your body, mind and spirit when triggered
- you give into spiraling toxic thoughts
- Replacing your perspective on the situation with the truth of the situation.
Signs you may be in an unhealthy relationship with others:
- You hide things/Dishonesty
- You always give in to their way, or they always give into yours
- Unnecessary Guilt
- One-sided effort
- They put you down/you feel drained
- You’re co-dependent
- They make you feel insecure
- You feel the need to strategize everything, down to conversations
- You change yourself to be what they want: appearance, opinions, beliefs
- You’re unhappy
- There’s more dread than positive anticipation
- You justify bad behavior for them or yourself
- Constant testing of boundaries
- You feel unsettled in your spirit
Here are some verses and important points to note:
- Proverbs 4:23 Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.
- 2 Corinthians 10:4 We use God’s mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments. 5 We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.
Romans 12:2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
Phil. 4:4 Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice! 5 Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon. *
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 9 Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.
Titus 3:10 As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him, 11 knowing that such a person is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.
Romans 12:18 If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.
Find, subscribe, listen, and rate our podcasts all here:
Click here to listen on Apple Podcasts
Click here to listen on Spotify
Click here to listen on Anchor